Monday 30 May 2016

Sunday 29th May 2016 - Cobblers Beach , Chowder Bay and Balmoral Beach

In my previous blog post I mentioned I would return to Chowder Bay and I did today. What a perfect day it was - about 19 degrees with the sun shining all day.

I took the 244 bus from Wynyard to Chowder Bay getting off at the 2nd last bus stop outside the HMAS Penguin naval base. I was trying to find the Chowder Bay to Balmoral Beach hiking track but could not find it.

After finding a hiking track which said Cobblers Beach I asked some hikers if this track will take me to Balmoral Beach. Unfortunately not it led to a nudist beach named Cobblers Beach.

Having never been to a nudist beach I decided to hike down to the beach. Yep it was full of nudist and some non nudists. The beach was beautiful and very secluded. I took quite a few photos being careful not to take any "unscenic" photos. (photos below)















From Cobblers Beach I could see Balmoral Beach. The music playing after the completion of The Balmoral Burn fun run that day at Balmoral Beach could be heard very loudly from Cobblers Beach - a distance of over 2 km.

After hiking back upto the main road where HMAS Penguin naval base was,  I decided to hike all the way along Chowder Bay Rd and back.

A distance of about 2 km round trip probably. What an incredible view when I arrived there. I kept stopping along the road to take photos. (photos attached) - old buildings, boat sheds, marine life institute, accommodations, jetties etc













I caught the 244 bus from opposite the HMAS Penguin naval base back to Mosman and connected onto the Balmoral Beach bus. I arrived at Balmoral Beach at around 3 pm but the sun was still out so I could go for a swim although the water was a little colder I still didn't want to get out once in. I was in the water a few minutes when I noticed the water was teeming with millions of baby fish ( looking a lot like swimming sperm) being pushed out to sea and pulled into shore with every ripple of the rough waves. It was an amazing sight and snorklers paradise today at Balmoral Beach as the water was still very clear.

After my swim I had a hot shower and headed back home to cook and eat a quick dinner then off to night 2 and another 2 precincts of VIVID - Darling Harbour and the Maritime Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment